If you have a Shared Ownership Mortgage with Dublin City Council and would like buy out the Rental Equity on your loan you can apply to Dublin City Council to transfer to a 100% Mortgage. There are certain terms and conditions that apply to this scheme, please see below.
It costs €75 to apply to this scheme.
Apply to Transfer
- To be eligible to apply to transfer from the Shared Ownership Loan to a House Purchase Loan, an applicant must:
- Be aged between 18 and 70 years
- Be in continuous permanent employment (this can be self employed) for at least two years in the case of the primary earner and in continuous permanent employment for one year in the case of a second applicant (if second applicant is employed)
- Have a clear Shared Ownership Loan account for the preceding 12 months. Details of the amount required to redeem existing mortgage, clawback figure (if applicable), in addition to a payments history statement must be submitted with this application
- Have €1,000 savings necessary to cover Stamp Duty Fee of €100 and Dublin City Council Legal Fees of €900.
- Be of good credit standing with a satisfactory credit record (a credit check and judgement will be carried out by Dublin City Council before loan approval is granted)
What happens next?
- Complete the below application form and contact Dublin City Council to arrange an appointment to submit the application form
- Following the interview process, your application will undergo credit and judgement checks
- Subject to the credit and judgement checks, a recommendation will be made to either approve or to decline loan approval
- Applicants will be notified of the Council’s decision in writing.
Download the Transfer to 100% Mortgage application form
For more information
Dublin City Council
Loans, Sales and Consents Section,
Block 2, Floor 2,
Office Hours: 9.30am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday (open through lunchtime).
Tel: (01) 222 5449
Fax: (01) 222 2778