The results of the second survey are available here:
The results of the second survey
Almost 2,000 respondents answered the survey. Respondents were positive when asked about their general experience of Dublin as a place to live, work, study or simply visit. They held positive views on various aspects of Dublin and what it has to offer. In terms of both shopping and socialising there was strong agreement that Dublin is a great place for these activities:
- 93% recommended Dublin as a place to visit.
- 81% say that the city centre is full of vibrancy.
- 87% agree that Dublin has a good range of high quality restaurants.
- 81% consider access to Irish and local brands as important to them.
- 81% enjoy going out and socialising in Dublin.
- However, while 77% of people felt safe in the city during daylight hours this figure dropped considerably to just 35% at night.
- 66% of respondents go the pub once per month.
- 74% of respondents dined out once per month or more.
- 81% of under 45’s preferred going to the pubs in the city centre rather than the suburbs.
- The suburbs represented a more attractive social scene to those aged 46 years and older.
- Shopping centres were more appealing to those with children than without.
- Eating out and shopping (15% and 14%, respectively) were the favoured city centre activities, walking/jogging and going to the park 31% were the favoured activities in the suburbs.