Address: Ilac Centre, Henry Street, Dublin 1
Area: Central Area
Telephone: + 353 1 8734333 (ext. 4)
Loc8 Code: NP6-30-9CJ
Monday to Thursday: 10.00am - 8.00pm
Friday, Saturday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Bus: all buses for city centre. Access the Dublin Bus timetable.
Dart: Tara Street Station and Connolly Station. Access the DART timetable.
LUAS: Jervis (Red Line). Access the Luas timetable.
SEE MAP BELOW.
The Open Learning Centre located in the Central Library offers a wide range of computer and language self learning courses.
This location is wheelchair accessible, and an induction loop system for use with hearing aids is available.
- Computer and language self learning courses - all courses should be booked in advance
Tell Me More computer-based English language learning - all levels including Business/Professional English. Other languages available are French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Dutch.
is an online language learning program provided by Dublin City Public Libraries and administered by the Open Learning Centre (OLC) in the Central Library, Ilac Centre.
The languages you can learn are: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Dutch available as everyday situations or professional situations.
Stock of reference books for learning English: includes materials for IELTS, Cambridge First Certificate and Advanced/Proficiency Certificate. Books on Business English and English for Work as well as TOEIC and TOEFL books. Plus a small stock of books on teaching English
- ECDL version 5 on CD-ROM
- Over 92 different languages catered for
- Typing instruction (self learn)
- Internet for beginners (self learn)
- Driver Theory Test instruction (self-learning on CD-Rom)
- Programme of Informal conversation exchanges
- Institute of Linguists' Diploma in Translation Examination is held every January
- Foreign language newspapers and magazines
- Exhibitions / lectures / workshops / demonstrations
View Open Learning Centre in a larger map