The Roads Construction Division of Dublin City Council has engaged a Contractor, SIAC Construction Ltd., to construct the above road scheme. Compound establishment on the Chapelizod Road, opposite the Church, will commence on Monday 7th March, 2011, while works proper will commence on Monday 14th March, 2011.
The works involve the re-arrangement of existing and construction of new road space along Chapelizod Road (from a point 500m east of the entrance to the Phoenix Park) and Lucan Road (from east of the junction with the Chapelizod By-pass.
The works mainly consist of:
- Widening of the outbound carriageway on the eastern approach to the village (from a point approx. 500 metres east of the entrance to the Phoenix Park), in order to accommodate the eastward extension of the outbound bus lane approaching the village;
- Widening of the inbound carriageway on the western approach to the village (from the turning circle to a point approx. 250 metres east of the junction with the Kylemore Road), in order to accommodate the provision of an inbound bus lane Approaching the village;
- Installation of new surface water drainage systems at both of the above locations;
- Provision of new watermain for a short distance on the western approach to the Anna Livia Bridge;
- Upgrading of Public Lighting.
- Associated utility accommodations;
- Provision of new footpaths in areas of road widening activities;
- Improved facilities for Mobility Impaired people, including a complete upgrade of the signalised pedestrian crossings along the length of the Scheme;
- Localised carriageway re-construction and resurfacing, principally in areas of road widening;
- New road markings and traffic signs.
Pedestrian access will be maintained and vehicular access will be facilitated throughout construction.
These works will last for a tendered duration of approximately 6 months.