If you feel that the clamping or tow-away of your vehicle was unfair or mistaken, you can lodge an appeal. Some common reasons why appeals are made include:
- You believe the clamping or tow-away of your vehicle occurred outside the time-period of restricted parking. (Be sure to double check the times for your location.)
- You believe the location where you parked was not within a restricted parking zone. (Be sure to double check the rules for your location.)
- Your parking ticket was not seen by DSPS staff.
Submit an appeal
To appeal against the tow-away or clamping of your vehicle, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Write a letter that explains why you think the decision was wrong
Please include the following in your letter:
- Your name and address.
- The street name and approximate location where the incident occurred.
- The date that the incident occurred.
- The registration number of your vehicle.
- The reference number (DC No.) from the Immobilisation Notice that is inside the blue-coloured plastic pouch attached to your vehicle.
- The reason(s) why you think the decision was wrong.
- Any documentation you feel supports your case, e.g. photographs.
Step 2: Send your letter to DSPS
Please post your letter to the following address: Dublin Street Parking Services, P.O. Box 9965, Dublin 2.
Step 3: Your appeal will be evaluated
Once your letter is received, Dublin Street Parking Services (DSPS) will send you an acknowledgement by post.
Your submission will be treated confidentially. It will not be investigated by anyone who was involved in the original decision to clamp or relocate your vehicle.
Note: All appeals are dealt with by Dublin Street Parking Services (DSPS) not Dublin City Council.
Step 4: If your appeal is successful
If the appeal is successful, the clamp release fee will be refunded by cheque.
Step 5: If your appeal is unsuccessful
If the appeal is unsuccessful, you can make another appeal to the Independent Parking Appeals Officer. This appeals system is independent of both the City Council and DSPS.
Note: Independent appeals cannot be requested before the DSPS Appeals Process has been concluded.
To start an independent appeal, follow these steps
- Download the Clamping/Tow-Away Appeals Form (PDF 120Kb) or contact us at the address below to request a copy.
- Complete the form and attach any supporting documentation.
- Send the completed form and documentation to the address below.
- You will be sent an acknowledgement by post.
- If the appeal is successful, the clamp release fee will be refunded by cheque.
Dublin City Council always accepts the decision of the Parking Appeals Officer whose decision is final.