Dublin City Council investigates complaints across the following areas:
- Litter, e.g. roadside dumping.
- Industrial waste, e.g. toxic emissions.
- Water pollution, e.g. effluent in rivers or the sea.
- Air pollution, e.g. as a result of industrial activity.
- Noise pollution, e.g. as a result of building activity.
- How to submit a complaint
Call (01) 679 6186
This number must only to be used in an emergency (e.g. a sudden release of pollution into a river) or in out-of-hours situations.
All Other Complaints
You can submit a complaint via the following means: by post, by telephone or by email. We prefer to get complaints by post so that we can record and track issues more effectively.
To make a complaint by post, download and complete the following form:
Environmental Complaint Form (PDF 37Kb)
Or call (01) 222 2222 to request a copy.
Return the form along with any supporting information (such as a covering letter, photographs or maps) to:
Customer Service Department
Ground Floor, Block 4
Call (01) 222 2222 during normal office hours.
Send an email to email@example.com