TFS (TransFrontier Shipments) Regulations and Procedures
From 12 July 2007, Dublin City Council is designated as the National Competent Authority for the export, import and transit of waste shipments under S.I. No. 419 of 2007 Waste Management (Shipments of Waste) Regulations, 2007.
These Regulations gave effect to provisions contained in Commission Regulation (EC) No. 1013/2006 on transfrontier shipments of waste, which sets out new notification procedures, specifies revised waste listings and strengthens enforcement provisions in relation to waste movements within, into and out of the EU.
All transfrontier shipments of waste originating in any local authority area in the State after the 12 July 2007, that are subject to the prior written notification procedures must be notified to and through Dublin City Council at the National TFS Office established to implement and enforce the Regulations.
Click on the link below or use the navigation bar on the left hand side of this page for more guidance on your area of interest.
- New Regulations on the Shipment of Hazardous Waste within Ireland
- Guidelines for Exporting or Importing Waste
- Completing the Notification and Movement Documents
- Green List Waste
- Shipments from Ireland to Non-OECD Countries
- Waste Classification Codes
- Brokers and Dealers Registration
- Charging Structure for Amber & Green Listed Waste
- Updates to EU Legislation
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 57/2013 amending Regulation (EC) No 1418/2007
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 674/2012 amending Regulation (EC) NO 1418/2007