You have the right to obtain a copy of any information about you that is held by Dublin City Council. This information could be stored on a computer or in a manual filing system.
Request Personal Information from Dublin City Council
To obtain any information about you that is held by Dublin City Council, write to us at the address shown below.
Your letter should read as follows: “I wish to make an access request under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 for a copy of any information you keep about me, on computer or in manual form.”
Please include any details that could help us to locate your records. This might include:
- Customer account number
- Staff number
- Any other information that may help us to identify your records
Our Data Protection Policy
We promise to operate best practice in relation to our responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. This includes:
- To obtain and process information fairly
- To keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes
- To use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes
- To keep it safe and secure
- To keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date
- To ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- To retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for purposes for which it was obtained
- To give you a copy of your personal information on request
This policy is informed and guided by the principles contained in the ‘Rules for Data Protection’ as published by the Data Protection Commissioner.
Click here to read our Code of Practice