How to Pay Your Rates
If you have a query about the amount your have been asked to pay, contact the Rates Office quoting your Property Reference Number.
Pay your rates
Rates can be paid in the following ways:
- Direct Debit: Contact the Rates Office at the address below to arrange a payment schedule.
- Post: Send a cheque (crossed and made payable to Dublin City Council), money order or postal order to the Rates Office. Our full address is shown below.
- Cash: To pay by cash you must call in person to the Customer Services Centre, Block 3, Ground Floor, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8. Credit card, debit card and cheques are also accepted across the counter. A current bill is also required. (Note: do not send cash by post.)
- Electronic Fund Transfer: Contact the Chief Cashier at the Rates Office, at (01) 222 2873.
- Instalments: You can pay by instalments if there are no arrears on your account. To set up this arrangement contact the Rates Office at the address below.
For more information
Dublin City Council
16 Castle Street
Office opening hours: 09.30 to 16.00
Tel: (01) 222 2171
Fax: (01) 679 3051 or (01) 222 2958