How Rates are Calculated
Your charge for commercial rates is calculated in the following way:
- The ‘Rateable Valuation’ of your property
- The ‘Annual Rate on Valuation’ (also referred to as ‘the multiplier’)
- Your Commercial Rates Charge.
If you believe your Rateable Valuation is incorrect, you can submit a request for re-assessment.
‘Annual Rate on Valuation’
The ‘Annual Rate on Valuation’ (also referred to as ‘the multiplier’) is decided by Dublin City Council at its annual budget meeting. Please Note: The Annual Rate on Valuation for 2017 is .258.
An example of a commercial rates calculation:
- €5,000 : Rateable Valuation
- .257 Annual Rate on Valuation (for 2014)
- €1,285 Your charge for commercial rates
For more information
Dublin City Council
16 Castle Street
Office opening hours: 09.30 to 16.00
Tel: (01) 222 2171
Fax: (01) 679 3051 or (01) 222 2958