May 18th St Anne’s Park Red Stables Free Guided Walk and Talk on Birdsong and Dusk Chorus
Thursday May 18th from 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm join Ricky Whelan, BirdWatch Ireland and DCC Parks staff on a Dusk Chorus to hear the birds singing. You will hear a wide range of garden and parkland songbirds from Blackbirds and Robins to Chaffinches and Tree creepers.
- Walk starts at the Red Stables, and goes through the woods and down through chestnut meadow to the duck pond. You will need sturdy footwear and rain gear.
- Visit the locations of the RTE Radio 1 Dawn Chorus broadcasts.
- DCC Parks staff will tell the story about the Park’s past history as a home for the Guinness family.
- Hear about the celebrated Follies which were the family’s holiday memories of their Grand tour of Europe.
- Learn about the Park’s contribution today as part of the prestigious UNESCO Dublin Bay Biosphere.
- Download the Poster