Autumn in the Libraries
September, October and November in various Dublin City Public Libraries.
Here's a snap-shot of things that are happening this Autumn. And there is lots! Words on the Street, Culture Night, Start Your Own Business, Festival of History, Children's Book Festival, Science Week, Children's Art in the Libraries, lectures, music and lots more to add to this page. So take a look...
Dublin City Council Historians-in-Residence Events
- What was the War of Independence? 13 September at Inchicore Library
- Revolution History Series. 13, 20, 27 September at Terenure Library
- Historiography Lecture Series. 5, 19, 26 October at Pearse Street Library
- Surgeons, Starlets and Storytellers. 23 October at Rathmines Library
- Figuring out the Past - History Detective Workshop. 22 November at Pembroke Library
Music Library Autumn Programme
- Exploring Opera, Divas and Divos. Illustrated talks by Michael Grant. 7, 14 and 21 September at 1pm
- Drumming Workshop. 19 October, 1pm to 3pm
- Change of Key - Music of the Reformation. 12 October, 1pm
- Song Writing and Developing Taster Workshop. 4 November, 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- These Lives of Jazz Musicians. 13 November at 1pm
Speaking Words series at Pearse Street Library
- Poetry and music with readings by poets Phil Lynch and Anne Tannam. 20 September, 6.30pm
- Readings by novelist Peter Cunningham. 18 October, 6.30pm
- Poet Séan O'Meara will read some of his poems written in English and others as Gaeilge. 15 November, 6.30pm
- A selection of short dramas from Esme Lewis and friends. 13 December, 6.30pm
- Summer Stars Reading Ceremonies (children)
- Words on the Street - A European Literature Trail. Parnell Square Cultural Quarter 7 September.
- Anthony Horowitz in Conversation with Sinéad Crowley. 14 September
- Start your own Business 21 September to 26 October.
- Culture Night Friday 22 September in Pearse Street and Rathmines Library.
- Dublin Festival of History. 29 September to 14 October.
- Each Tuesday. City Hall Lecture Series: Ireland and The Russian Revolution
- Children’s Book Festival
- Open House. Dublin City Library & Archive tours & Drawing Workshop for children. Saturday 14 October.
- November to December. Children's Art in Libraries.
- Readers' Day. 4 November
- Dublin Book Festival. 2 to 5 November.
- Getting Citizens Online. Cabra and Coolock Library
- Science Week. 12 to 19 November.
- Explore your Archive. 18 to 26 November.
Download Autumn Programme (PDF,3.47MB)