Start Your Own Business Spring Programme
23 March - 27 April (6.30pm), at the Business Information Centre, Central Library, ILAC Centre.
Avail of these free talks which are designed to give you all the information you need on starting your own business and the benefits of working for yourself.
Booking/registration is advisable to secure a place. Book your place online, in person or by telephoning 01 873 3996 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with full name and contact telephone number.
- Thursday 23 March at 6.30pm: Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur - How You Can Create Produce Ideas -Understanding the creative process to become an entrepreneur with Nevin Cody.
- Thursday 30 March at 6.30pm: Creating the Best Business Plan for Your Business. Muireann Fitzmaurice will take you through the key steps needed to help you develop your business plan more efficiently and effectively.
- Thursday 6 April at 6.30pm: Market Research Skills – What you need to do to be Successful. Michael Keogh will help you take your idea and explore the impact it will have on the market.
- Thursday 13 April at 6.30pm: Managing Your Online Presence – Having a Digital Plan to Help You Increase Sales. Ronan Kennedy will help you manage your websites and social media message, make an impact and add value to your online customers.
- Thursday 20 April at 6.30pm: Financial Support and Grants for Entrepreneurs. Rory Finegan will talk you through what to expect from the banks and explain other sources of available funding.
- Thursday 27 April at 6.30pm: Essential Supports and Services for Entrepreneurs - Who’s Out There To Help You. Rory Finegan will help you explore the essential supports and services available around the country for all entrepreneurs.
About the Speakers:
Nevin Cody has amassed huge experience across the financial services and retail sectors. His career includes over 14 years managing teams in the retail sector and overseeing the recruitment and training of new teams for the Bank of Scotland Ireland branch network. Nevin has developed a philosophy and style for mentoring and coaching which delivers results and success. By focusing on the skills needed to become a successful business owner, he has a clear vision of how to recognise the right idea along with the skill set to help others find and develop their own. As a trainer and coach with QED Training, Nevin brings all his experience together, to ensure that potential growth and success are developed well into the future.
Muireann Fitzmaurice is an energetic and passionate trainer. Her aim is to inspire innovative ideas while offering practical advice on how these can be implemented into a robust business plan. She has worked in the marketing and sales teams of a range of different companies which involves activities such as brand auditing, brand planning, developing communications strategies, sponsorship, public relations, direct marketing, long-term strategy planning, experiential marketing and event management. As a qualified life coach, trainer and NLP practitioner she is particularly interested in helping business people identify their core strengths and how to use that to brilliantly market their company.
Michael Keogh will help you take your idea and explore the impact it will have on the market. He is an expert in Social Media and Digital Marketing, particularly in the use of Social Media as a promotional, research and marketing platform. His background includes a diverse range of industries from light engineering and fast moving consumer goods to sports leisure and IT. This experience combined with qualifications in both Marketing and Digital Marketing allow him to have a broad and insightful view of all areas of market research and the processes involved in order to understand your customers better. Michael also has a keen interest in social psychology and human behaviour, which adds further depth to his delivery and presentations.
Ronan Kennedy has a thorough understanding of the new technologies that are needed for many businesses these days, along with the usual processes such as writing a business plan, creating a revenue stream and optimising business systems etc. As a coach, trainer and mentor, he empowers people to do work that they love and start their own businesses.He had worked for different industries and startups and can help your business build relationships with your customers both off and online.
Rory Finegan has over 20 years in the financial sector and in many companies, he is equipped with up-to-date skills and knowledge in managing small business finances. Heis passionate about cloud accounting and using technology to create efficiencies for businesses, driving costs down and improving management information.Rory holds BSc (Mgmt), Business Studies from the College of Commerce and Trinity College Dublin as well as an FCA, Chartered Accountancy from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland.