Long Term Leasing Initiative
Have you got a property available to let?
Dublin City Council is now leasing furnished properties from private landlords/owners in its administrative area. These properties will be used to house persons in need of housing from Dublin City Council’s housing list. The Council is looking for a wide range of properties in areas throughout its administrative area.
The properties must be of good quality and can either be new or previously occupied properties. The Council on receipt of a submission will first determine the demand for social housing in the area and its objective in achieving sustainable communities by having a good balance of mixed tenure households.
This scheme is separate to the Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS) and benefits those property owners who want long term guaranteed income without the requirement of managing the tenants and maintaining the property.
Why let your property to Dublin City Council?
- Leases for 10 years
- A guaranteed rent in advance even when the property is vacant
- No tenant management – Dublin City Council will be the landlord to the tenant
- Dublin City Council will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the property
- No rent collection or rent arrears obligations
- No advertising or administrative overheads
- No requirement to register with the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB)
How do I make a proposal to Dublin City Council?
Property owners interested in leasing their property to Dublin City Council should complete the ‘Submission Template’ and return to Dublin City Council at the contact details below.
Please note that from 2012 owners of properties leased to Dublin City Council are liable for the Annual Household Charge and the Non Principal Private Residence Charge (NPPR)
For more information
Dublin City Council,
Long Term Leasing Unit,
Block 1, Floor 3,
Wood Quay, Dublin 8
Tel: 01 222 5299
Fax: 01 222 2583