Sell your home to the Council
The House Purchase Scheme
Dublin City Council cannot purchase every property offered for sale. There is a policy in place for house purchases, the main elements of which are as follows:
- Dublin City Council will not purchase more than 20% of houses in any road that has a total of 40 houses or less.
- Dublin City Council will not purchase more than 15% of houses in any road that has a total of 40 houses or more.
- We do not generally purchase adjoining houses.
- We will not purchase houses where shared ownership applicants are interested in purchasing the same house.
- We do not purchase houses in areas where to do so would increase an existing social imbalance.
- Houses acquired by the Council from older persons under the Financial Contribution Scheme are not affected by the percentage restriction applicable to acquisitions under the House Purchase Programme.
- Houses should be of a certain standard with limited refurbishment works to be carried out.
- We do not purchase apartments
For more information
Dublin City Council
Housing Development Section
Block 1, Floor 3
Tel: (01) (01) 222 5281, (01) 222 5056, (01) 222 5239, (01) 222 2007
Fax: (01) 222 2486