City Development Plan
Dublin City Development Plan 2016-2022
Dublin City Council is currently preparing the new City Development Plan 2016–2022. This Plan will set out a shared vision and direction for the future development of our city over the next six years.
We are encouraging people, communities and organisations to read through the Draft Plan and make observations. We encourage you to make your submission early. The deadline for submission is December 11th, 2015.
Public participation at this early stage is vital and we welcome your views. Please tell us what you think to help us plan for the future of Dublin as a great city to live in, do business and enjoy. http://dublincitydevelopmentplan.ie/
The Draft Plan and maps is also on public display at the locations listed hereunder from Thursday, 1st October 2015 to Friday, 11th December 2015 inclusive:
- Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8 from Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) between the hours of 9:30 am to 4.30 pm.
- Area Offices during their normal office opening hours, as follows:
- Central Area Office, 51-53 Lower Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1
- Cabra Area Office, 97 New Cabra Road, Dublin 7
- North Central Civic Centre, Bunratty Road, Coolock, Dublin 17
- Darndale Area Office, Darndale Bell Building, Darndale, Dublin 17
- Ballymun Civic Centre, Main Street, Ballymun, Dublin 9
- Finglas Civic Centre, Mellowes Road, FInglas, Dublin 11
- Ballyfermot Civic and Community Centre, Ballyfermot Road, Dublin 10
- Crumlin Area Office, 13 Crumlin Village, Dublin 12
If you wish to make a written observations or submissions regarding the Draft Development Plan and/or Environmental Report and/or Appropriate Assessment submissions or observations, should be marked ‘Draft Dublin City Development Plan’ and should be submitted to, Development Plan Team, Planning Administration, Planning and Property Development Department, Dublin City Council, Block 4, Floor 3, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8 or should be placed in the “Comments Box” provided at the locations listed above between Thursday, 1st October 2015 and Friday, 11th December 2015 inclusive. Observations/submissions must be received by 4.30pm on Friday, 11th December 2015.
- Documents may also be inspected at all branches of Dublin City Council Libraries.
All submissions or observations received during the above time period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Dublin City Development Plan 2016 – 2022.
All submissions should include your name and address, a map (where appropriate) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. hard copy or web submission http://dublincitydevelopmentplan.ie/
The Planning process is an open and public one. In that context, all submission documents are made available for public inspection. This information may also be placed on the Council’s website.
YOU ARE STONGLY ADVISED TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Copies of the Draft Plan Written Statement, Maps, Record of Protected Structures, Environmental Report and Appropriate Assessment as well as being available on the website, may be purchased from the Planning Counter, Ground Floor, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8 between 9.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, (excluding public holidays and Christmas closure)
- €100 for the full set of Written Statement, Maps, Record of Protected Structures, and CD of Environmental Report and Appropriate Assessment.
- €35 for the Written Statement incl. CD of Environmental Report and Appropriate Assessment.
- €35 for full set of Maps.
- €30 for the Record of Protected Structures.
Dublin City Development Plan 2011-2017
Arising from the Judgement and Order of the High Court dated 27th April, 2012 and 27th June, 2012, respectively, in relation to the former Z15 Zoning in the City Development Plan 2011 – 2017, the City Council at a Special Council Meeting held on 13th May, 2013, adopted a Proposal for inclusion in the Dublin City Development Plan 2011 – 2017 to replace those aspects of the Development Plan quashed for the purposes of zoning the unzoned former Z15 lands.
A copy of the adopted text together with a schedule of the adopted maps now form part of the Dublin City Development Plan 2011 – 2017 and is available to download hereunder;
The Dublin City Development Plan sets out policies and objectives to create a sustainable and vibrant city at the heart of the Greater Dublin Region. This plan guides how and where development will take place in the city over the next 6 years.
This plan was adopted by Dublin City Council at a Special adjourned Meeting on 24th November 2010. The plan came into effect on 22nd December 2010
Previous Development Plan
For more information
Dublin City Council
Block 4, Ground Floor
Office Hours: 9.00am to 4.30pm. Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Tel: (01) 2222151