Facts about Dublin City
Dublin is the capital city of Ireland.
The city covers a land area of 115 square kilometres.
The city is sited on the estuary of the River Liffey. This river empties into Dublin Bay which opens onto the Irish Sea.
To the south, Dublin is bordered by a low mountain range.
The surrounding counties to the north and west of Dublin are surrounded by flat farmland.
- Average summer temperatures: 16C to 20C / 61F to 68F
- Average winter temperatures: 4C to 7C / 39F to 45F
- Average annual rainfall: 840 mm / 33 inches
- Greater Dublin Area: 1.66 million
- Area administered by Dublin City Council: 506,211
- Information and communications technology, e.g. Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Amazon, eBay .
- Banking and finance, e.g. Citibank, Commerzbank.
- Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
- Liverpool, United Kingdom
- San Jose, California, United States of America
- Beijing, The People's Republic of China
Come visit us!
For more information
Dublin City Council
Tel: (01) 222 2170
Fax: (01) 222 2681