The strategic development and management of the Art Gallery is overseen by a Board, THE ART GALLERY TRUST LIMITED which was created under the Companies Act and is wholly owned by Dublin City Council.
The current Board consists of:
- Mr Pat Molloy (Chair) - Former Chairman of the Bank of Ireland
- Ms Joyce O Connor - Former President of the National College of Ireland
- Mr John Hegarty - Former Provost of Trinity College
- Mr Oliver Dowling - Independent Contemporary visual Art Curator
- Ms Deirdre Heney - Dublin City Councillor
- Mr Michael MacDonncha - Dublin City Councillor
- Mr Mannix Flynn - Dublin City Councillor
- Mr Ciaran Cuffe - Dublin City Councillor
- Margaret Hayes - City Librarian, Dublin City Council
- Mr Brendan Kenny - Assistant Chief Executive
- Ms Tara Robertson - Company Secretary
Dublin City Council provides the necessary executive functions for the Board and Company through the Director of the Art Gallery in line with the Board’s Code of Governance.
Dublin City Council owns the Gallery premises at Parnell Square and the assets therein. Dublin City Council employs all the staff in the Gallery.
There are no fees or any remuneration paid to the members of the Board.
The Director of the Gallery is an employee of Dublin City Council and is remunerated by the Council at the Level of Senior Executive Officer (as in the Local Government pay system)