Located south of the N32 along the northern boundary of the city, and linking with Darndale Park to the east, Belcamp Park extends to 25 Hectares (62 Acres). Its origins date back to late 17th century when the Lord Mayor of Dublin Sir Humphrey Jervis, erected a house on the property. Henry Grattan is believed to have been there in 1746 and Dean Swift was believed to have been a regular visitor.
The countess Markievicz rented the house in 1909 and it was used for a short time as a centre for the Fianna Eireann movement. The park has a significant range of mature trees, particularly pines, on the northern boundary and provides for pitch and putt, tennis, playing fields, children’s play and basketball as well as an extensive network of pathways throughout the park suitable for walkers.
For more information
Parks & Landscapes Services Division
Block 4, Ground Floor,
Enquiries: (01) 222 5278