Address: Pearse Square, Dublin 2.
Category: Georgian and other squares
Enquiries: (01)222 5278
- Floral Schemes
Situated in the heartland of Dublin's south inner city, Pearse Square is a rectangular open space of just over 0.5 hectare, overlooked by houses on three sides and with the fourth side opening onto Pearse Street. The square was formerly known as Queen Square and dates from 1839. In 1996, the Parks Division commenced a 2-year refurbishment programme, the design concept taking as its basis a formal layout which was noted on the 1838 Ordnance Survey map for the area. Read leaflet on the refurbishment by clicking here.
A 3.5 metre-high contemporary bronze sculpture entitled "Harmony" by Sandra Bell forms the Square's centrepiece and the park was re-opened to the public on 2nd July 1998.
Other Information: Sculpture Feature
For more information
Parks & Landscapes Services Division
Block 4, Ground Floor,
Enquiries: (01) 222 5278