St Audeons Park
Address: High Street/Cook Street, Dublin 8.
Category: Historic and Heritage Park
Enquiries: (01) 222 3877
- Leisure Walks
St. Audoen's Park, although less than 0.5 hectares in size, is quite significant in historical terms. Located adjacent to St. Audoen's Church (1300 A.D.), it incorporates the first stone city wall dating from about 1100 A.D.; St. Audoen's Arch, the last surviving entrance to the old city; and Fagan's Gate.
The City Wall was restored in 1976 as part of Architectural Heritage Year and the park development of 1982 won a prestigious civic award. Audoen was a 7th - century Bishop of Rouen (France) and the nearby church named after him is reputedly one of the oldest still used for regular religious services.
Other Information: Old City Wall, St. Audoens's Gate, Fagans Gate.
For more information
Parks & Landscapes Services Division
Block 4, Ground Floor,
Enquiries: (01) 222 5278