Applications for Activities in Dublin City Parks
In accordance with Dublin City Council - Parks & Open Spaces Bye-laws 2002, written permission is required from the City Council to engage in any commercial activity in any park or open space managed by the Council. Permits are required for the following activities: filming, photography, photo calls, fashion shoots, product launches, fit classes, boot camps, and running classes.
- Permit Application Form for boot camps, fit classes and running classes
- Application for any event or activity in City Council’s Parks, beaches and open spaces
- Applications for use of The Hive space
Please complete application form and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All permit application forms must be accompanied by a Public Liability Insurance certificate.
Public Liability Insurance
Dublin City Council must be specifically indemnified and named on the policy
Each applicant must submit evidence of Public Liability Insurance cover; the level of indemnity to be not less than €6.5 million in respect of any one incident. Employers Liability of €13 million is also required where individuals/companies are employing people to facilitate classes.
- Fee of €150 + VAT at 23% for first hour. Subsequent hours are charged at €100 + VAT at 23%
- Fee of €200 + VAT at 23% for first hour. Subsequent hours are charged at €100 + VAT at 23%
Fee of €1000 + VAT at 23% for a full day of filming.
Fit classes, boot camps, running classes
- €25.50 per hour + 23% VAT (€31.36 incl. VAT)
Fee Exemptions are subject to prior application form approval. Example of fee exemptions as follows:
- Registered Charities, when not associated with a company or brand, or engaged in Commercial Activity.
- Student projects (with accreditation from college)
- Public health awareness bulletins
- Dublin city or national tourism promotion
- Wedding photography
Note: Certain parks within the city boundary area are classified as National Parks (The Phoenix Park, St. Stephen's Green, Iveagh Gardens, Memorial Gardens, Garden of Remembrance) are not under the jurisdiction of Dublin City Council and are administered by Duchas, The Heritage Service of the Office of Public Works. For more information about filming in these parks Ph: 01-4757816.