Address: Navan Road, Dublin 7. D07 AYW1
Area: North West Area
Telephone: +353 1 8691414
Loc8 Code: NQ6-55-3TJ
Monday to Thursday: 10.00am - 8.00pm
Friday, Saturday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Holiday Arrangements (incl. Bank Holidays)
Cabra Library is situated about 3 miles from the city centre on the Navan Road at the intersection of the Old and New Cabra Roads.
Bus: 37, 38, 38A, 39, 39A, 70, 70X, 122. Access the Dublin Bus timetable.
SEE MAP BELOW
This location is wheelchair accessible and an induction loop system for use with hearing aids is available. Assistive technology for people with visual impairment, reading difficulties and for people whose first language is not English is also available.
Right: Winner, NDA Excellence Through Accessibility Awards 2010 - Cabra Library
- Self-service Kiosks
- Free broadband and wireless Internet service
- Self-service Printing/Scanning (Surfbox)
- Photocopying (colour/black and white)
- 2 Junior computers
- 4 Youth Zone computers with free internet access
- Express email service
- Online catalogue
- Application forms for passport etc.
- Community noticeboard / information
- Exhibition room
- Activity room
- Study space
- Dedicated children's activity zone / children's display area
- Talks / workshops / demonstrations
- Conversation exchange
- Adult book clubs
- Creative writing group / Listen to Cabra writers' group reciting some of their pieces
- Knitting group
- Scrabble club for adults
- Parent and toddler group
- Children's activities / class visits / Junior book clubs / weekly storytime
- Library Tours - by prior arrangement
- Reference collection - adult and junior
- Block Loans to groups / schools by prior arrangement
- Talking books for adults and children on MP3, CD and tape
- CDROMs and music CDs for loan
- Special Collections: Graphic novel collection for adults and children; Local History Collection of the Cabra area
- Teen study support collection
- Adult basic education resource collection
- ISL (Irish Sign Language) resources - ISL tutorial books etc., books for students learning ISL.
- Large print collection
- Books in Polish, Russian, French and Spanish
- Daily newspapers - Irish Times and Irish Independent
Toilet facilities are provided.
This Page Short Link: dublincity.ie/cabra-library