Dublin Fashion Festival – 7th – 13th September
This is an annual shopping event showcasing the latest trends. All the info www.dff.ie
Fringe Festival 10th – 25th September
14 days of theatre, dance, music, comedy, spectacle and more across Dublin. For info go to www.fringefest.com Proudly Supported by Dublin City Council.
For all the information go to www.fringefest.com
Great Dublin Bike Ride – September 11th – Smithfield Square
The second year of The Great Dublin Bike Ride returns to Smithfield Square on the 11th of September, for all the information go to http://greatdublinbikeride.ie/
Culture Night – 16th September
Culture Night takes place from 5.00pm – 11.00pm across Dublin and Ireland. Arts and cultural organisations open their doors with hundreds of free events, tours, talks and performances. For all the information go to www.culturenight.ie
Parking Day – 16th September
Parking Day was started by Rebar in 2005 in San Francisco. We are turning car parking spaces into public parks, games or art installations for one day every year in September. Parking Day is "intended to promote creativity, civic engagement, critical thinking, unscripted social interactions, generosity and play. For information go to http://www.dublinparkingday.org/
Open Call for Cultural Projects - Dublin New Year Festival 2016
- New Year Festival Dublin would like to invite artist and creative practitioners from any art form or discipline to submit a proposal for the 2016 NYF Dublin programme.
- The call is open to any type of art form or discipline including: Theatre, Dance, Music, Opera, Film, Circus, Performance, Fashion, Photography, Visual Arts, Digital Arts, Literature and Storytelling, Architecture, Street Art and Spectacle.
- New Year Festival Dublin is an initiative by Fáilte Ireland in partnership with Dublin City Council.
- The programming concept is “The best of this year and the next”. The Festival wants to showcase the highlights of 2016 and predict/discover the new voices, ideas and events of the future. The artistic contributions can take any form of expression as long as they approach the concept “The best of this year and the next” and respond to the interests of showcasing Irish talent.
- The Festival’s tagline is More than midnight. The tagline aims to differentiate Dublin from other capital cities who celebrate just on New Year’s Eve.
- The proposals selected will be presented as part of the programme of this year’s festival, which takes place from December 30th 2016 to January 1st 2017
- Work can be presented in non-traditional as well as traditional arts spaces, & venues, work of all scales, brand new work and work that is adapted for the festival.
- The work/performance can be available/take place for 1 day of the festival or across the 3 days of the festival
- The festival offers 2 different awards:
- Short Breath Award, which consists of a budget of €1,500 and
- Deep Breath Award, which consists of a budget of €5,000.
This budget MUST cover all aspects of your production and presentation of the work, from inception, planning, implementation, personnel, venue hire / site permissions, management and execution.
- Application/Selection Process
- CV (2 pages maximum)
- A proposal outlining your idea (maximum 1000 words)
- Include links to images, videos of previous work, sketches, sound clips etc to support your proposal.
- Please identify which award you would like to apply for.
- A selection panel formed by relevant stakeholders, including Fáilte Ireland and Dublin City Council, will guide the selection of applications.
- Selection Criteria:
- The selection criteria will be
- Strong and meaningful connection with the concept.
- Quality and originality of the artistic idea.
- Accessible to audiences – virtually, intellectually and physically.
- Feasibility of the idea .
- Capacity of the applicant to develop, manage and deliver the work on time and within the allocated budget.
- Terms and conditions
- The successful artists will be issued with a written agreement
- Non resident artists EU and non-EU countries must be aware of any tax implications and ensure that any costs arising from this are included in the budget.
- Deadline for submissions is Monday 5th September at 5pm.
- Submission should be made by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmation of successful applications will be made by the end of September
Click here for more information: http://nyfdublin.com/