Request a Pedestrian Crossing
- An automatic signal
- A road sign
- Road markings, e.g. a zebra crossing
Submit an application
To request a pedestrian crossing for your area, send a letter to the address below that describes the nature of your concern. Please also include:
- Your name and address.
- The name of the street or road where you wish a pedestrian crossing to be created.
- A photograph of the street or road (if possible)
We will then investigate your request and decide if a pedestrian crossing is appropriate in that place. Among the things we investigate are:
- Road width
- Proximity to another crossing
- Pedestrian flows, e.g. age profile, children and elderly persons
- Traffic and accidents
If a pedestrian crossing is not recommended, a "central refuge" may be considered instead. A central refuge is a guarded location in the middle of a road.
Note: Pedestrian and vehicle counts are not repeated within a two year period unless there is a significant change in circumstances.
For more information
Dublin City Council
Environment & Transportation Department
Floor 6, Block 2
Tel: (01) 222 2257
Fax: (01) 222 2190