Sutton to Sandycove Cycleway and Footway Interim Works Scheme
Update : November 2016
Sutton to Sandycove Cycleway and Footway Interim Works: Bull Wall (Wooden Bridge) to Causeway Road
PART 8 PLANNING APPLICATION
Planning and Development Act 2000 -2011 Planning and Development Regulations, 2001-2012 -Part 8
- Applicant: Dublin City Council
- Location: 2 kilometres along Clontarf Road and James Larkin Road between the Bull Wall (Wooden Bridge) and Causeway Road , Dollymount, Dublin 3.
- Proposal: Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given of the following:
The proposal for the Sutton to Sandycove Cycleway & Footway Interim Works: Bull Wall (Wooden Bridge) to Causeway Road is to provide approximately 2km of cycleway between the Bull Wall and Causeway Road tying in with the existing cycleway on either side, thereby providing a continuous 8km cycleway around North Dublin Bay. Works include:
- Construction of 2km of cycle track and footway requiring a reduction in the road carriageway cross section and resurfacing of the road;
- Introduction of a number of signal controlled crossings to facilitate access for pedestrians and cyclists on the route from the surrounding area;
- Seawall repairs including the construction of a new 325 metres section of sea wall;
- Flood defence works to provide a continuous flood defence level of 4.25m O.D. between the Bull Wall and Causeway Road;
- Construction of approximately 2km of the North City Arterial Watermain between the Bull Wall and Causeway Road while the road works are being undertaken;
- Other works include renovation of tram shelter, undergrounding of pumping station, closure of 2 slipways and steps accessing lagoon and loss of 7 parking spaces and associated works.
Plans and Particulars of the proposed development may be inspected or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy for a period of 6 weeks up to and including Monday 4th February 2013 at the following locations and times:
- Dublin City Council, Public Counter, Planning Department, Block 4, Ground Floor, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8, Monday -Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm.
- Raheny Library, Howth Road, Dublin 5 between the hours of 10.00am -8.00pm Monday to Thursday and 10.00am -5.00pm on Friday and Saturday.
A submission or observation in relation to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made, in writing, to the Executive Manager, Planning Department, Dublin City Council, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8, before 4.30pm on Monday 18th February 2013.
DOCUMENTS AND DRAWINGS
The documents included are as follows:
- Part VIII Planning Report Dec 2012
- Habitats Directive Assessment - Screening Report
- Appendix B: Dollymount Promenade and Flood Protection Project Appropriate Assessment June 2009
- Appendix C: North City Arterial Watermain Dublin City Habitats Directive Assessment - Screening Report Aug 2012
- Site Notice
The drawings included are as follows:
Drawing Number Drawing Title