How To Appeal A Clamping or tow-away decision
If you feel that the clamping or tow-away of your vehicle was unfair or mistaken, you can lodge an appeal. Some common reasons why appeals are made include:
- You believe the clamping or tow-away of your vehicle occurred outside the time-period of restricted parking. (Be sure to double check the times for your location.)
- You believe the location where you parked was not within a restricted parking zone. (Be sure to double check the rules for your location.)
- Your parking ticket was not seen by DSPS staff.
Submit an appeal
To appeal against the tow-away or clamping of your vehicle, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Write a letter that explains why you think the decision was wrong
Please include the following in your letter:
- Your name and address.
- The street name and approximate location where the incident occurred.
- The date that the incident occurred.
- The registration number of your vehicle.
- The reference number (DC No.) from the Immobilisation Notice that is inside the blue-coloured plastic pouch attached to your vehicle.
- The reason(s) why you think the decision was wrong.
- Any documentation you feel supports your case, e.g. photographs.
Step 2: Send your letter to DSPS
Please post your letter to the following address: Dublin Street Parking Services, P.O. Box 9965, Dublin 2.
Step 3: Your appeal will be evaluated
Once your letter is received, Dublin Street Parking Services (DSPS) will send you an acknowledgement by post.
Your submission will be treated confidentially. It will not be investigated by anyone who was involved in the original decision to clamp or relocate your vehicle.
Note: All appeals are dealt with by Dublin Street Parking Services (DSPS) not Dublin City Council.
Step 4: If your appeal is successful
If the appeal is successful, the clamp release fee will be refunded directly to the card used to pay the de-clamp fee or by cheque.
Step 5: If your appeal is unsuccessful
If the appeal is unsuccessful and you are dissatisfied with the outcome you can make a further appeal to the National Transport Authority (NTA). The appeal must be made within 30 days of receipt of notification of the decision of Dublin Street Parking Services. Further details are available here National Transport Authority - Appeals and Complaints.
For more information
Dublin City Council
Parking Enforcement and Policy Section
Environment and Transportation Department
Block 2, Floor 6
Tel: (01) 222 2261
Fax: (01) 222 2190