Public Transport in Dublin
Your public transport options
Go to http://transportforireland.ie/ for:
- Real time public transport passenger information.
- Journey Planner: Door-to-door information for all journeys on foot and by all modes of public transport.
- Information on the Leap Card which is the new way to pay for travel around Dublin. You can use it on Dublin Bus, Luas, DART and commuter rail services.
Dublin Bus provides bus services for the city and county of Dublin and adjoining areas. Many other private bus companies also offer transport in and out of the city.
A frequent train service called DART runs along the coast of Dublin, from Malahide and Howth in north Dublin to to Greystones in the south.
Other train services from Irish Rail connect Dublin city with suburbs in the west, north and south.
- Visit the website of DART for timetables and other information.
- Visit the website of Iarnród Éireann/Irish Rail for general train information.
A frequent tram service called LUAS connects Dublin city centre with suburbs in the south and south-west of the city.