National TFS Office
TFS (TransFrontier Shipments) Regulations and Procedures
From 12 July 2007, Dublin City Council is designated as the National Competent Authority for the export, import and transit of waste shipments under S.I. No. 419 of 2007 Waste Management (Shipments of Waste) Regulations, 2007.
These Regulations gave effect to provisions contained in Commission Regulation (EC) No. 1013/2006 on transfrontier shipments of waste, which sets out new notification procedures, specifies revised waste listings and strengthens enforcement provisions in relation to waste movements within, into and out of the EU.
All transfrontier shipments of waste originating in any local authority area in the State after the 12 July 2007, that are subject to the prior written notification procedures must be notified to and through Dublin City Council at the National TFS Office established to implement and enforce the Regulations.
Click on the link below or use the navigation bar on the left hand side of this page for more guidance on your area of interest.
- Regulations on the Shipment of Hazardous Waste within Ireland
- NTFSO Waste Shipment Registers
- Waste Shipment Inspection Plan 2017 - 2019
- Guidelines for Exporting or Importing Waste
- Completing the Notification and Movement Documents
- Green List Waste
- Shipments from Ireland to Non-OECD Countries
- Waste Classification Codes
- Brokers and Dealers Registration
- Charging Structure for Amber & Green Listed Waste
- Payments to NTFSO from 3rd November 2014
- Updates to EU Legislation
- Guide for Shipments of Used Vehicles, Vehicle Parts and Electrical Equipment
Click here to read the Press Release Memorandum of Understanding is signed between Dublin City Council and Revenue's Customs Service
For more information
Dublin City Council
National TFS Office
68-71 Marrowbone Lane
Fax: (01) 411 3452
- Tel: (01) 222 4411 or 222 4601 or 222 4634 or 222 4249
- Tel: (01) 222 4374.
- Tel: (01) 222 4467.