Who is responsible for the pipework coming into my property

Printer-friendly version

Image of area of responsibilityThe part of the service pipe that links the water main in the street to the boundary of your property is the responsibility of Irish Water.

The part of the service pipe from the boundary of your property to and within your house is your responsibility if you are the owner otherwise it is your landlord’s.

If your supply is shared with another property please contact Irish Water at the details below for further information.




For more information

Irish Water Contact Details:

Web:  www.water.ie
Twitter:  @IrishWater
Telephone: 1850 278 278 (LoCall)
Minicom:  1850 378 378
(For hearing impaired customers with minicom equipment)
Postal Address: Irish Water, PO Box 860, South City Delivery Office, Cork City

To report an issue on Water Services please contact IW (Abtran) directly on 1890 278 278 (LoCall)

Please continue to contact Dublin City Council for information or issues relating to business account queries, surface water drainage and flood management.