Community and Social Development
The life of the city is in its people and the communities they create. Dublin City Council’s first Community Service was established in 1973 to work with communities towards improving the quality of life in their areas and has evolved over the last 40 years to encompass social inclusion, integration and multi-culturism. As part of the wider “Culture, Recreation and Amenity” services in Dublin City, it plays a pivotal role in the community and the social fabric of the city helping to develop, support and sustain community and voluntary activity. Across the city, the present day Community and Social Development Unit provides a range of supports including advocacy, advisement, project management, grant aid and other resources, to assist people to fully take part in all aspects of city life. Local teams are available in each of the city’s five administrative areas.
Community and Social Development Team for the North Central Area
The team is organised to the east and west of the Malahide Road as follows:
East side: (Clontarf, Raheny, Kilbarrack, Donaghmede, Edenmore).
Aileen Doyle, Senior Community Officer.
Telephone +353 1 222 8865 | Mob +353 86-8150649 | Fax +353 1 877 5851 E-mail email@example.com
Tony Fagan, Community Officer.
Telephone +353 1 222 8854 | Mob +353 86-8150297 | Fax +353 1 877 5851 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Hugh Flanagan, Community Officer.
Telephone +353 1 222 88655 | Mob +353 86-8150292 | Fax +353 1 877 5851 E-mail email@example.com
West side: (Marino, Drumcondra, Whitehall, Donnycarney, Beaumont, Coolock, Kilmore, Priorswood, Clonshaugh, Darndale, Belmayne & Clongriffin).
Madeleine Ebbs, Senior Community Officer.
Telephone +353 1 222 8862/222 8870 | Mob +353 86-8150286 | Fax +353 1 877 5851 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Antoinette Hayden, Assistant Community Officer.
Telephone +353 1 222 8856 | Mob +353 87-6428049 | Fax +353 1 877 5851 E-mail email@example.com
What services do we provide locally?
In addition to providing advice on community and social development matters to the area management, we also;
- Provide a first point of contact and links with other City Council services,
- Support existing community groups in developing and achieving their objectives,
- Provide advocacy, advisement and small-scale financial support for new groups,
- Assist groups in identifying appropriate funding and additional services,
- Help develop and support networks with local statutory and voluntary agencies in the area,
- Support local activities organised by community groups including clean ups, fun days, summer activities etc.
What events and activities are we involved in?
The Team also works closely with the community to organise and promote events and activities throughout the year including:
- Intercultural events
- International Women’s Day
- Summer Projects & Activities
- Senior Citizens Celebrations
- Let’s Walk & Talk
- Seachtain na Gaeilge
- European Neighbours’ Day
- Environmental Projects
- Comhairle na nÓg (Youth Council),
- Halloween activities for children
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremonies
- Local celebrations and anniversaries
Events and activities news board
An electronic newsletter is produced by the North Central Area Office which features news and activities across the area. If you wish to subscribe send your email address to
For more information
Dublin City Council
Culture, Recreation and Economic Services
Community and Social Development
Block 3, Floor 1
Tel: (01) 2222148
Or contact a member of the North Central Team