The life of the city is in its people and the communities they create. The Dublin City Council Community Service was established in 1973 to work with communities towards improving the quality of life in their areas.
Community Development Team
The Community and Social Development Officer is Declan Hayden T: 222 3413 E: Declan.firstname.lastname@example.org
A Community Officer and Assistant Community Officers support the team and work together to provide support, advice and assistance to enable people to take an active role in the development and improvement of their community.
What services do we provide locally?
On a daily basis the South East Area Community Development Team:
- Supports existing community groups in their objectives
- Provides support and encouragement for new groups
- Assists community groups in identifying appropriate funding
- Networks with local statutory and voluntary agencies in the South East Area
- Supports local activities organised by resident groups including clean ups, fun days, summer activities etc.
What events and activities are we involved in?
The Community Development Team also works closely with the community to organise and promote events and activities throughout the year including:
- Intercultural events
- International Women’s Day
- Summer Projects & Activities
- Senior Citizens Celebrations
- Let’s Walk & Talk
- Seachtain na Gaeilge
- Neighbours’ Day
- Environmental Projects
- Comhairle na nÓg (Youth Council)
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremonies
What events are happening in your neighbourhood?
Calling all Groups & Associations
Dublin City Council often needs to consult with community/residents/sports and youth groups/associations on various issues in your locality. Make sure your group is in included by completing our Information Form which is available to download or you can contact us directly @ (01) 222 2243.
Completed forms should be returned to either email@example.com or South East Area, Block 2, Floor 4, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8.
For more information
South East Area
Block 2, Floor 4,
T: (01) 222 2243
F: (01) 222 2499
Opening hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday