Rathgar Village Improvement Plan (VIP)
Whether you live, work or spend time in Rathgar Village we want to learn your ideas for improving the village centre.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
The Dublin City Development Plan 2011 – 2017, sets the objective (SC09) “to prepare a number of schematic masterplans, Village Improvement Plans (VIPs), or Village Design Statements (VDS) for existing and long-established District Centres (Urban Villages) in conjunction with the relevant Area Committees in so far as priorities and resources permit…”
The objectives of the Village Improvement Plan for Rathgar Village will be to identify and propose actions around:
- Enhancements to the public realm, including condition of footpaths, tree planting, removal of signage clutter, provision of cycle stands, quality street furniture, public lighting enhancements
- Good quality streetscapes and streetscapes with potential for shopfront or building enhancements
- Opportunities for new or improved pedestrian routes/cycle routes and for traffic calming measures
- Enhancements to particular features of interest in the village that contribute to its identity
- Local Initiatives which will promote and enhance local participation in village improvements
- Opportunities to co-ordinate with other agencies to improve local environment.
The focus of this consultation is on improvements to Rathgar Village Centre, that is, the area immediately surrounding the convergence of Terenure Road East, Rathgar Avenue, Rathgar Road, Highfield Road and Orwell Road (Please click here to view the map)