Start and/or Grow Your Own Business 2017
21 September - 26 October in the Central Library.
The Start Your Own Business Autumn series of FREE talks start this September with new exciting business workshops lined up. These talks take place every Thursday evening from 21 September until 26 October from 6.30 to 8.00pm in our Central Library. All are welcome to these events, particularly entrepreneurs, business enthusiasts, job seekers, inventors or anyone wishing to go it alone in a business world.
- Lecture 1 – Becoming a successful entrepreneur with Denise Doyle, 21 September
- Lecture 2 – Creating the best business plan for your business with Denise Doyle, 28 September
- Lecture 3 – Market research skills – what you need to do to be successful with Michael Keogh, 5 October
- Lecture 4 – Managing your online presence with Ronan Kennedy, 12 October
- Lecture 5 – Entrepreneurial Finance and Grants with Rory Finegan, 19 October
- Lecture 6 – Essential Supports and Services for Entrepreneurs with Rory Finegan, 26 October
Free Admission. Book online to secure your place on this programme which supports business start-ups in Dublin City.
- Thursday 19 October 5.30pm – 6.30pm. AIB Local Community Information & Support Helpdesk. Information on opening a business bank account and/or applying for business finance with AIB Bank Capel Street, Dublin 1
- Thursday 26 October 5.30pm - 6.30pm. Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) Information & Advice Stand for information and guidance on Company Law and your responsibilities.
- Thursday, 26 October 5.30pm - 6.30pm. Identify and navigate a broad range of free Government supports to progress your business ideas.
Further details on each talk
Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur: How You Can Create Produce Ideas - 21 September 2017 at 6.30pm
Understanding the creative process to become an entrepreneur
Speaker: Denise Doyle examines what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur.
Creating the Best Business Plan for Your Business - 28 September 2017 at 6.30pm
Developing and writing the best business plan
Speaker: Denise Doyle will take you through the key steps needed to help you develop your business plan more efficiently and effectively.
Mark Research Skills: What You Need to do to to be Successful - 5 October 2017 at 6.30pm
Identifying your target market by doing SMART market research
Speaker: Michael Keogh will help you develop ideas and explore the relevant markets. He is an expert in Social Media and Digital Marketing, particularly in the use of Social Media as a promotional, research and marketing platform. He has qualifications in both Marketing and Digital Marketing allowing him to have a broad and insightful view of all areas of market research. Michael also has a keen interest in social psychology and human behaviour, which adds further depth to his delivery and presentations.
Managing Your Online Presence: Having a Digital Plan to Help You Increase Sales - 12 October 2017 at 6.30pm
Choosing the appropriate online tools– Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter
Speaker: Ronan Kennedy will help you manage your websites and social media message, make an impact and add value to your online customers. He has a thorough understanding of the new technologies that are needed for many businesses including writing a business plan, creating a revenue stream and optimising business systems. He has worked for different industries and startups and can help your business build relationships with your customers both off and online.
Entrepreneurial Finance and Grants - 19 October 2017 at 6.30pm
Outlining supports for all sectors of the entrepreneur community
Speaker: Rory Finegan will talk you through what to expect from the banks and explain other sources of funding available.
Essential Supports and Services for Entrepreneurs - Who’s Out There To Help You, with Rory Finegan - 26 October 201 at 6.30pm
Explore the essential supports and services available around the country for all entrepreneurs.
Speaker: Rory Finegan