Street Performers and Buskers
Street Performers Bye-Laws 2016
New Street Performers Bye-Laws come into effect on 1st August 2016. There are a number of important changes to the 2015 Bye-Laws including:
- Backing tracks are no longer permitted.
- Performers can only stay on Grafton Street for one hour before moving.
- Performances must start and end on the hour mark.
- A two-week visitor permit has been introduced.
- New permits are subject to a six-week probation period
- Acoustic performance is now possible in the Temple Bar prohibited place but the area where amplified busking is banned has been extended.
A revised code of practice is currently being written and will be available shortly.
The Street Performers Bye-Laws 2016 and all application forms be downloaded here:
- Street Performers Bye-Laws 2016 pdf | 80kb
- Street Performance Permit Application Form pdf | 80kb
- Street Performance Permit Application Form (Romanian) pdf | 233kb
- Street Performance Permit Application Form (Portuguese - Brazilian) pdf | 149kb
- Amplification Permit Application Form pdf | 413kb
- Amplification Permit Application Form (Romanian) pdf | 413kb
- Amplification Permit Application Form (Portuguese - Brazilian) pdf | 230kb
- Visitor Street Performance Permit Application Form pdf | 5Mb
Maps of the Prohibited Places and other restrictions referred to in the Bye-Laws may be viewed here:
- SM-2015-085 (GPO)
- SM-2016-310 (Grafton Street)
- SM-2016-0347-01 (Temple Bar Prohibited Place)
- SM-2016-0347-02 (Temple Bar Area)
If you have any query in relation to the Bye-Laws or street performance in general please contact the Licencing Section, Culture, Recreation and Economic Services, Block 4, Ground Floor, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8.
Tel. 01 222 2165 or email email@example.com