Military

Cathal Brugha Barracks

Cathal Brugha Barracks used to be known as Portobello Barracks as it was built in a part of Rathmines called Portobello. The barracks, which opened in 1815 was originally designed as a cavalry barracks.

McKee Barracks

McKee Barracks, originally called Marlborough Barracks was built by the British Army in 1888. When Ireland became the Irish Free State in 1922, the British gave the barracks to the Irish forces.

Feedback