Dublin City Council is working towards full compliance with NDA guidelines for public bodies (equivalent to W3C AA level or higher). We endeavour to make the website www.dublincity.ie accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities.
We use the popular Drupal CMS which is committed to ensuring that all core Drupal features conform to W3C AA level.
Although we want the entire site to be NDA compliant, there are some instances where content does not meet these standards. The most prominent of these are listed below - see Accessibility Exclusions.
Browsealoud reads web pages aloud for people who find it difficult to read online. Reading large amounts of text on screen can be difficult for those with literacy and visual impairments.
People that this can help include those with literacy difficulties, dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those who have English as a second language. BrowseAloud makes websites accessible to those who require online reading support. It works by reading web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice. The user simply hovers their mouse pointer over the text to hear it read aloud. BrowseAloud features and options are accessed from an easy to use, floating toolbar. You can position this toolbar anywhere on your screen or hide from view, as you prefer.
What will BrowseAloud do for me?
• Reads web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice (Includes websites, intranets, extranets, html, accessible Flash, alt tags)
• Reads secure web pages
• Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
• Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
• Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style
• Translates word-for-word between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
• Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
• Converts text to MP3
• Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area
If you need any more help:
View the BrowseAloud Video Tour
Telephone: +44 (0) 28 9442 8105
The following content is not compliant to the standards of the NDA:
- 'Locate a Service' mapping feature
- 'View live traffic pictures' mapping feature
- 'Find a planning application' search feature
- Voter e-register
- Whilst effort has been made to improve the accessibility of documents (pdfs) on the site, there are some documents that may not be compliant to the standards of the NDA.
This site may contain links to other websites outside of our control. Dublin City Council is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We do not follow your browsing path outside of our website.
Our website supports standard browsers, such as:
IE8, IE9, IE10 and IE11
Firefox 25 and Firefox 26
Safari 5.1, Safari 6, and Safari 7
Chrome 30, Chrome 31 and Chrome 32
Our website supports:
iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s
iPad 2nd(5.0), iPad 3rd (6.0), iPad Mini iPad 3rd (7.0)
Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus(4.0)
LG Nexus (4.2)
When using this website, if you find content that you cannot use because of accessibility reasons, please feel free to contact us at the address below. We will then try to satisfy your requirement by some other means.