Chu & Chats with the Lord Mayor
Times & Dates
The Lord Mayor of Dublin Hazel Chu would like to announce a new lunchtime series of interactive free live one hour online talks between herself and people connected with running the city.
‘Chu & Chats with the Lord Mayor’ will take place every Friday at 1pm beginning this Friday February 26th and continuing into June.
The Lord Mayor’s first guest was the Chief Executive of Dublin City Council Owen Keegan.
The Lord Mayor and her guests will talk about their roles, how the respective area they are talking about is managing during the pandemic, and answer written questions from the public watching.
“The role of this office has always been to engage with communities and interact with people through events here in the Mansion House or in the community. I am conscious of the fact that Covid-19 has restricted the amount of engagement I have been able to have with members of the public this year,” said the Lord Mayor. “So this is a chance to ask myself and my guests anything you like. It’s an opportunity for you to speak with the people behind the running of Dublin City Council and the City in general, to share your concerns as well as your thoughts. So why not log on and join us for a chat.”
Each week will have a theme and will range from housing, to sports, to night culture as well as policing, innovation and planning amongst others. Guests in the weeks ahead include the Head of Housing, Head of Parks, the City Architect, the City Planner, Sports Officer, senior members of the Gardai, and the Head of Traffic.
To attend the talks just register here:
‘Chu & Chats with the Lord Mayor’ schedule:
- May 14th City Policing;
- May 21st Older people and the City;
- May 28th Celebrating the City;
- June 4th Traveller Community and the City;
- June 11th Integration, Accessibility and Inclusion in the City;
- June 18th Climate and Building a Sustainable City.
- Feb 26th The Role of the Chief Executive;
- Mar 5th Housing & Homelessness;
- Mar 12th Events, Culture and Parks;
- Mar 19th How to become a Breastfeeding City;
- Mar 26th Travel in the City;
- Apr 9th Night Culture in the City;
- Apr 16th City Planning & Development Plan;
- Apr 23rd Media & Local Government;
- Apr 30th Sports in the City;
- May 7th Innovation and the City;