Dublin Climate Action Week 2022
Published on 15th September 2022
Dublin Climate Action Week is a one-week programme of online and in-person events running from the 12 – 17 September 2022, which aims to showcase and inspire climate action across the Dublin region.
Our new Sustainable Living - Make a Change series features lots of free events packed with practical tips on zero-ish waste living, sustainable fashion, climate friendly kitchen and how to compost at home.
We'll be at Eat the Streets in Collins Barracks as part of Climate Action Week on Saturday, 17 September from 12 to 1pm.
Eat the Streets! brings schools, farmers, urban growers,neighbourhoods together. It's all about growing the food, cooking, creating together, helping to dig up the city’s rich food heritage. Dublin has a rich vegetable growing history that can still be seen in the north of the county today.
Drop by and say hello. There will be all kinds of grow, cook, create and discover activities and resources for all the family!
Check out our great selection of books on composting, cooking skills for kids, cooking books. Access World Book Online and Britannica Online with their Dublin City Library card for reliable information on the climate change and related topics, both at adult and junior level. Explore all our FREE online resources here.
We'll also have books on climate change and sustainability. Borrow in-branch or reserve on our catalogue today!
Get inspiration from our container's on the online catalogue: Spydus.
The following titles are topical and may be of interest.
- The future we choose : surviving the climate crisis / Christiana Figueres, Tom Rivett-Carnac.
- Empty house : poetry and prose on the climate crisis / edited by Alice Kinsella & Nessa O'Mahony.
- How to save your planet one object at a time / Tara Shine.
- All we can save : truth, courage, and solutions for the climate crisis / edited by Ayana Elizabeth Johnson & Katharine K. Wilkinson.
Young Adult titles
- A short, hopeful guide to climate change / Oisín McGann – written for teens but useful for everyone.
- Climate SOS (KCN) / Lucinda Jacob ; illustrated by Alan Nolan.
- How does my home work? / Chris Butterworth ; illustrated by Lucia Gaggiotti.
- Guzzler's Party : learn how to save energy / Lucinda Jacob ; illustrated by Alan Nolan.
- Hope Jones saves the world / Josh Lacey ; illustrated by Beatriz Castro.
You can also check out our BorrowBox: eBooks | eAudiobooks that you can access from anywhere. Use keywords such as climate, environment, to find what you want.
Also browse Kevin Street Library's Climate, Energy, and Sustainability Collection here. (PDF)
Event registration is now open for Dublin Climate Action Week, which runs from 12th-17th September 2022. So make sure to check out what’s on offer throughout the week.
The events on offer are on themes of Citizen Engagement, Energy and Buildings, Transport, Flood Resilience, Nature-Based Solutions, and Resource Management. Events will be a mix of online and in-person formats.
Dublin Climate Action Week is being organised and delivered by the partnership of Dublin City Council, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, Fingal County Council, South Dublin County Council, Codema – Dublin’s Energy Agency and the Dublin Climate Action Regional Office (CARO).