Computer access and study space in Browse and Borrow Libraries
Published on 20th September 2021
(20 September) You can now access computers and avail of study space in most of our branch libraries. We are happy to extend our opening hours, with daytime closing now 5pm in all libraries. Check library opening hours.
Further updates will be posted here and on our social media platforms.
Please note: Phibsboro Library will continue to offer Call and Collect service until late September.
Visiting your library to browse and borrow:
- There will be a limited number of visitors allowed into the branch at any one time so you may have to queue to access the library.
- Once inside everyone will observe physical distancing.
- The idea is to browse and borrow/return fairly quickly - so that no-one is waiting too long to get in!
- Items can be checked-in and checked-out on the self-service kiosks, or by using the self-service option on our library app.
- You can make and collect reservations.
- Children under 12 years of age should be accompanied by an adult.
- You must wear a face covering in our libraries.
In order to be compliant with social distancing guidelines, only a limited number of study spaces are available at this time. Spaces will be available on a walk-in basis, but availability cannot be guaranteed. Study sessions lengths are limited to 90 minutes per person per day.
In order to be compliant with social distancing guidelines, only a limited number of computers and study spaces are in service at this time. Computers will be available on a walk-in basis, but booking in advance is recommended. Session lengths are limited to 30 minutes per person per day.
You will be able to collect printing from the Surfbox printer
Please note the following:
- Limited availability. Not all computers are in service.
- Session length – 30 minutes maximum.
- Sessions cannot be extended.
- One session per person per day allowed.
- Your library membership card required in order to use a computer. Please have your card with you on each library visit as required.
- Walk-in use is possible, but computer availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Booking in advance is recommended.
- If booking by telephone, see library contact details.
- Self-booking in operation in libraries where a booking console is provided. Your library card number and PIN are required to make a booking at a booking console.
- When taking up a booking, please come to library on time, at time of booking, with your library card. Being late means a shorter session.
- A time-out warning system will alert you to time remaining and will terminate sessions when the allotted time has elapsed.
- Limited staff support available.
- Adult computers only are in service at this time.
Please contact the branch in advance if you cannot take up a booking.
Note: Free WiFi available in all our libraries.