Computer access and study space in Browse and Borrow Libraries
Published on 20th September 2021
(26 September) You can now access computers, avail of study space, casual seating and read newspapers and magazines in our branch libraries. We are happy to extend our opening hours, check your library's opening hours as they may have changed.
Further updates will be posted here and on our social media platforms.
Visiting your library:
- Once inside everyone will observe physical distancing.
- Items can be checked-in and checked-out on the self-service kiosks, or by using the self-service option on our library app.
- You can make and collect reservations.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- You must wear a face covering in our libraries.
In order to be compliant with social distancing guidelines, only a limited number of study spaces are available at this time. Spaces will be available on a walk-in basis, but availability cannot be guaranteed. Study sessions lengths are limited to 90 minutes per person per day.
In order to be compliant with social distancing guidelines, only a limited number of computers and study spaces are in service at this time. Computers will be available on a walk-in basis, but booking in advance is recommended.
You will be able to collect printing from the Surfbox printer
Please note the following:
- Limited availability. Not all computers are in service.
- Session length – 30 minutes
- Your library membership card is required in order to use a computer. Please have your card with you on each library visit.
- Walk-in use is possible, but computer availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Booking in advance is recommended.
- If booking by telephone, see library contact details.
- Self-booking in operation in libraries where a booking console is provided. Your library card number and PIN are required to make a booking at a booking console.
- When taking up a booking, please come to library on time, at time of booking, with your library card. Being late means a shorter session.
- A time-out warning system will alert you to time remaining and will terminate sessions when the allotted time has elapsed.
- Limited staff support available.
- Adult computers only are in service at this time.
Please contact the branch in advance if you cannot take up a booking.
Note: Free WiFi available in all our libraries.