Dublin City Libraries reopen for 'Browse and Borrow'
Published on 30th November 2020
From Tuesday December 1st fifteen Dublin City libraries are open for browsing and borrowing from Monday to Saturday. At this point of a phased re-opening there will be no seating for reading or studying, and users are encouraged to keep their visit as short as possible, and to use the self-service kiosks or library app to issue and return items.
Visitors will also be able to collect printing from the Surfbox printers. Public PCs are not available for use.
The remaining branches will open for 'Call and Collect' only.
Updates will be posted here and on our social media platforms.
Quick ‘Browse and Borrow’ branches:
Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat, 10am – 4pm; Mon, Thu 1pm – 8pm
- Central Library
- Pearse Street
Tues, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, 10am – 4pm; Mon 1pm – 8pm
- Dolphin's Barn
- Kevin Street
Call and Collect service only:
(Restricted opening hours, view branch for details.)
* Ballymun Library is closed for roof works.
Browse and Borrow, How it works:
- There will be a limited number of visitors allowed into the branch at any one time so you may have to queue to access the library.
- Once inside everyone will observe physical distancing.
- The idea is to browse and borrow/return fairly quickly - so that no-one is waiting too long to get in!
- Items can be checked-in and checked-out on the self-service kiosks, or by using the self-service option on our library app.
- You can make and collect reservations.
- Users can collect printing from the Surfbox printers.
- Children under 12 years of age should be accompanied by an adult.
- You must wear a face covering in our libraries.