Roads and Traffic

Permits for Disabled Parking

If you are a driver (or car passenger) with a disability, you can apply for a Disabled Person’s Parking Permit. This gives you special permissions for parking in Dublin. Find out more about these permissions below.

Apply for a permit

To get a permit contact either of the following organisations:

Disabled Drivers’ Association
Co. Mayo
Tel: (094) 936 4266

Taxi Ranks

2015 Taxi Rank Bye-Laws

Taxi Regulation Act 2013

Dublin City Council has made Bye-Laws entitled Dublin City Council Appointed Stands, Street Service Vehicles (Taxi) Bye-Laws 2015 in respect of regulating the location and operation of Taxi Stands in the Dublin City Area. These Bye-Laws are effective from 1st of November 2015.

Please click below to download copy of the Bye-laws and summary of changes.

Start a Parking Scheme

Introduction of a Residents' Permit Parking Scheme

To ask for a Residents’ Permit Parking scheme to be started in your area, follow these steps:

Step 1: Contact us

Contact us directly at the address below. 

Or contact us via your elected public representative.

Report Faulty Traffic Signals

Faulty traffic lights, twisted signal heads, push button faults and push button audio faults can be reported to our traffic control centre 24hrs a day at Free phone 1800 29 39 49 (Note, charges may apply from mobile phones)

Parking for City Residents

Apply for a Residents parking permit

You can buy a Residents’ Parking Permit if you live in an area of Dublin city where a Residents’ Parking Permit Scheme operates and if you qualify for a permit. This permit would allow you to park on the public road in which you live. 

Refund Your Motor Tax

You can apply for a refund on your motor tax if your vehicle has been:

Buy a Parking Permit

Apply for or renew a Resident's Parking Permit

If you live in an area of the city that has a Pay and Display and Permit Parking Scheme, you may be eligible to buy a Resident’s Parking Permit from Dublin City Council.

How To Appeal A Clamping or tow-away decision

If you feel that the clamping or tow-away of your vehicle was unfair or mistaken, you can lodge an appeal. Some common reasons why appeals are made include:


An image of Roadworks

The Roadworks Control Unit controls and manages all roadworks in the city. Our aim is to minimise the impact on traffic flow and maintain public safety. To this end we:

Roadworks Control Unit

The Roadworks Control Unit is responsible for the control and management of roadworks in the City with a view to minimising their impact on traffic flow and maintaining public safety.

Every road in the City has been assigned a Traffic Impact Number from 1 to 5, according to its importance as a strategic traffic route.  Impact 1 and 2 include lightly trafficked routes while numbers 3, 4 and 5 are the heavily trafficked routes.