Roads and Traffic

How To Appeal A Clamping or tow-away decision

If you feel that the clamping or tow-away of your vehicle was unfair or mistaken, you can lodge an appeal. Some common reasons why appeals are made include:


An image of Roadworks

The Roadworks Control Unit controls and manages all roadworks in the city. Our aim is to minimise the impact on traffic flow and maintain public safety. To this end we:

Roadworks Control Unit

The Roadworks Control Unit is responsible for the control and management of roadworks in the City with a view to minimising their impact on traffic flow and maintaining public safety.

Every road in the City has been assigned a Traffic Impact Number from 1 to 5, according to its importance as a strategic traffic route.  Impact 1 and 2 include lightly trafficked routes while numbers 3, 4 and 5 are the heavily trafficked routes.

Suspension of Paid Parking


Where to park your vehicle

Where you can and cannot leave your vehicle, if you want to park in Dublin City.

Thomas Street / James’s Street QBC Enhancements (High Street to Steven’s Lane)

It is proposed to carry out the following improvement works (see attached drawings for finished Scheme layout):

Getting Around By Bicycle

Getting around Dublin by bike means you don't have to worry about sticking to bus timetables or being restricted by parking meters. Whether you're just popping down to the shops to pick up some milk, commuting to work or cycling to get fit and help the environment, cycling gives you the freedom to be flexible and spontaneous.

Dublin joins the list of great cities to have its own bike sharing scheme, including Seville, Brussels, Vienna, Paris and many more.

Clonshaugh Road Improvement Scheme – Phase 2

(Clonshaugh Avenue to Riverside Park)

Following the construction of Clonshaugh Road, including:

  • Phase 1 (Belcamp Lane / N32 to Clonshaugh Avenue), and
  • Phase 3 (Riverside Park to Oscar Traynor), 

… the central section, Phase 2 (Clonshaugh Avenue to Riverside Park) will now be constructed.

It is proposed to carry out the following improvement works:

Declaration Of Non-Use Of A Motor Vehicle

A Declaration of non-use must be made during the last month of a current vehicle licence or a previously made declaration of non-use and must be furnished to your local Motor Tax Office in advance of the commencement of the proposed period of non-use of the vehicle. In the case of a change of Ownership the new owner has 21 days from the agreed upon date of sale to make a Declaration of non-use. Form RF150 must be used to make this declaration to a Motor Tax Office

Permits and Licences

Permits and licences to interfere with a road or footpath

An image of a hoarding