Careers in the Fire Brigade
To apply for an administration role with Dublin Fire Brigade visit the Hunan Resources Section.
How we recruit:
Dublin Fire Brigade (DFB) provides a fully integrated fire, emergency ambulance and rescue service for Dublin city and county, a region with a population of over 1.35 million and covering an area of 921.7km2
- Our full-time and retained firefighters respond to fires, road traffic collisions and specialist rescue incidents including flooding, chemical incidents, collapsed buildings and other types of emergencies. The Role of the Fire Fighter is varied and some of the main responsibilities include: Promoting community fire safety, resolving emergencies (fire and rescue), resolving emergency ambulance cases, Developing local awareness, promoting health and safety, personal development etc.
- We have a dedicated East Regional Communication Centre where all fire and rescue 999/112 emergency calls for Dublin city and county are answered by Emergency Service Controllers and fire crews are mobilised to respond. The role of the emergency service controller is the essential first step in getting emergency appliances, officers and other supporting services to the incident plus providing service to fire crews
- We also have a dedicated Fire Prevention Section where fire prevention officers advise on fire safety standards for events, commercial and domestic, and new and existing buildings to ensure compliance with fire safety standards and building regulations, and have enforcement powers under the Fire Services Act 1981 & 2003 which are judiciously used to ensure fire safety standards
- We have a number of key support functions which contribute to an effective fire and rescue service including Corporate Communications, Finance, Logistics, Human Resources, and Training School etc.
- If you want a worthwhile and rewarding career within an organisation dedicated to serving the local community please review the current vacancies that we have available