Ballymun Social Regeneration Fund 2021
Information on the Ballymun Social Regeneration Fund 2021 is found below.
A sum of €1.7m will be available for distribution to meet the costs of social regeneration in Ballymun for 2021. This funding will be entirely financed by Dublin City Council and is subject to our budgetary process. The social regeneration objectives for Ballymun are set out in Sustaining Regeneration, A Social Plan for Ballymun, which sets out objectives under seven themes:
- Education, lifelong learning and training
- Community safety
- Health and wellbeing
- Child development and family support
- Arts and culture
- Recreation and sport
The funding is provided to continue the process of social regeneration in the area, which is part of the overall continuation of the regeneration process post-wind-down of Ballymun Regeneration Limited. Organisations/projects are funded in order to meet identified needs and gaps in service provision in the Ballymun area linked to the Sustaining Regeneration strategy. All programmes/services funded will operate in accordance with service level agreements. Financial output returns are submitted quarterly for each programme followed by annual progress reports. An assessment panel comprised of up to seven people (DCC director of services North city, DCC area manager, DCC programme administrator, two Northwest Area councillors and two independent members) will assess all applications and decide on the allocation of funding – this panel will also meet quarterly to monitor the progress of all programmes. The full list of applicants and financial amounts will be brought to the North West Area Committee in report form for noting once agreed by the assessment committee.
The application process for funding for 2021 is now open. Applicants are asked to complete the online application form link on this page and upload the required documents in order to be assessed for funding.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday, 22nd December at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Criteria for applicants
- Applicants must be from a group/organisation based in the Ballymun administrative area
- Groups/projects must offer proposals that provide programmes to support the initiatives that are outlined in the seven themes of the social plan
- Funding can only be used for staff resources (75% maximum in 2022, to be reduced to 50% for 2023 applications), programming and general administration costs
- Funding cannot be used for the purchase of capital items, the payment of redundancy monies or compensation, or the payment of any costs arising due to bankruptcy or insolvency
- Projects will have to be capable of delivery within an agreed timeframe
- Application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted before the deadline in order for any application can be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered
Required documentation for funding
- Applicants are required to complete and submit an online application form and ensure that all details submitted are accurate
- Applicants are required to upload an annual work plan, budget, mission statement, Insurance details and list of staff/resources to be funded under this application as well as an organisational chart, where available
If you any queries please contact Martina Kelly by email [email protected] or T. (01) 222 5714.