‘Call and Collect’ service at Dublin City Libraries
From 6 September the majority of libraries are open for our 'Browse and Borrow' service. Phibsboro Library will offer Call and Collect service until 29 September before reopening for browsing, borrowing, PC access and more. 'Call and collect' is a way for you to order books and collect them from your local library when they are available. Updates will be posted here and on our social media platforms.
How it works
- If you are interested in a particular author or book, have a look at the online catalogue to see if the items you want are in the system.
- When you see something that you are interested in reserve it for collection at your local Call and Collect branch.
- If the particular book you want is not available you can contact your branch and ask for books or other authors in the same genre, or ask the library staff to make a selection for you.
- Library staff will then organise a date and time for you to come to your chosen call-and-collect library to pick up your books.
- In order to manage queues safely and efficiently and in line with social distancing requirements, we ask that you come to the library at the time arranged.
- Please note also that you cannot come into the 'Call and collect' libraries to browse the books.
How can I contact the library to request books?
The easiest way to request books is via the online catalogue. You can also contact your Dublin City branch library.
What libraries can I collect books from?
You can collect your books from any open branch library.
Can I pick a time for me to collect my books?
Library staff will do their best to accommodate your requirements, but we can’t guarantee that we can give you the exact time you want.
The particular author or book I want is not available: what can I do?
If the particular book you want is not available you can ask for books or other authors in the same genre, or ask the library staff to make a selection for you.
Can I return books that I have out since before the lockdown?
Yes, please contact your branch library about returning your loans.
Don’t forget all the other free library services we continue to offer including;
eResources - Access our full range of online services including ebooks, audiobooks, digital magazines, comics, databases and more.
Home delivery service - The city library’s home delivery service to cocooners will continue until all libraries fully re-open.
Ask-a-librarian - If you have any queries about using libraries, your membership card, accessing all the eResources available from Dublin City Libraries, etc please use our online chat service – ASK A LIBRARIAN, available from 10.00 am – 12.00 pm and 2 pm – 4pm.
Social media - Over the past year we have increased our range of online activity through our social media platforms and websites with videos, online events, blogs and podcasts expanding the range of services we offer. For frequent updates to our services keep an eye on our social media; Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and follow your local library on Facebook.