Mountjoy Square is located in the middle of a square of Georgian buildings on the Northside of the city centre. This historic park has a playground, three tennis courts and 7-a-side all weather football pitch.
|January||10:00 - 17:00|
|February||10:00 - 17:30|
|March||10:00 - 18:30 before clocks go forward
10:00 - 19:30 after clocks go forward
|April||10:00 - 20:30|
|May||10:00 - 21:30|
|June and July||10:00 - 22:00|
|August||10:00 - 21:30|
|September||10:00 - 20:30|
|October||10:00 - 19:30 before clocks go back
10:00 - 18:30 after clocks go back
|November||10:00 - 17:30|
|December||10:00 - 17:00|
Some parks with a large number of gates will start to close half an hour before the above times to allow enough time for all gates to be closed at the designated hour.
Mountjoy Square was part of the Gardiner Estate on Dublin city's Northside. The Estate was developed by three generations of the Gardiner family between 1720 and around 1820.
The square was developed by Luke Gardiner, Lord Mountjoy in around 1800 as part of his vision for the area from Gardiner Street to the Custom House. It is the only Georgian square in Dublin that is perfectly symmetrical.
In 1938, the park passed from private to public ownership.
For more information on the history of this historic park, download the Mountjoy Square Conservation Plan.
The granite sundial in the park dates back to the 1800's. There are also two tree surrounds that were commissioned by Pavee Point Traveller & Roma Centre. They are decorated in mosaic depictions of traveller life.
- All Weather Pitch
- Multi-Use Games Area
- Tennis Court