Pearse Square is at the centre of a residential square on Pearse Street in the city centre. The park has been restored to reflect its Victorian layout.
|January||10:00 - 17:00|
|February||10:00 - 17:30|
|March||10:00 - 18:30 before clocks go forward
10:00 - 19:30 after clocks go forward
|April||10:00 - 20:30|
|May||10:00 - 21:30|
|June and July||10:00 - 22:00|
|August||10:00 - 21:30|
|September||10:00 - 20:30|
|October||10:00 - 19:30 before clocks go back
10:00 - 18:30 after clocks go back
|November||10:00 - 17:30|
|December||10:00 - 17:00|
Some parks with a large number of gates will start to close half an hour before the above times to allow enough time for all gates to be closed at the designated hour.
Pearse Square was built in 1839 and named Queen’s Square after Queen Victoria. The square was renamed Pearse Square in 1926 in honour of Patrick Pearse.
The park was restored to the layout reflected in an 1838 Ordinance Survey map in the 1990's.
A 3.5 metre-high contemporary bronze sculpture entitled "Harmony" by Sandra Bell forms the Pearse Square's centrepiece.
Pearse Square Park
Grand Canal Dock