Community Monuments Fund 2022
The Community Monuments Fund 2022 fund will invest a total of €5,000,000 in the conservation, maintenance, protection and promotion of archaeological monuments. It will:
- enable conservation works to be carried out on monuments which are deemed to be significant and in need of urgent support;
- build resilience in our monuments to enable them to withstand the effects of climate change;
- encourage access to monuments and improve their presentation.
The Community Monuments Fund has 3 Streams:
- Stream 1 - will offer grants up to €85,000 aimed at essential repairs and capital works for the conservation and repair of archaeological monuments.
- Stream 2 - will offer grants of up to €30,000 for development of Conservation Management Plans/Reports that are aimed at identifying measures for conservation of archaeological monuments and improving public access.
- Stream 3 - will offer grants of up to €30,000 for enhancement of access infrastructure and interpretation (including virtual/online) at archaeological monuments.
What to know if you are making an application as a private owner or community group:
The closing date for applications to Dublin City Council is 15th February 2022.
Applications must be submitted in Word format by email only to [email protected]
A valid application from private and/or community groups must include a:
- Completed Application Form CMF/A
- Comprehensive Method Statement and any other required documentation
Please read the CMF-2022 Explanatory Memorandum carefully and compete all relevant sections of the CMF_A form.
Please refer to the Explanatory Memorandum above for further information regarding appropriate conservation professional expertise and the extent of information required for a valid submission. The absence of a suitably comprehensive Method Statement will result in a project failing at assessment stage.
Following assessment of applications by Dublin City Council two valid projects from private applicants and/or community groups in each stream will be submitted to the Department of Housing Local Government and Heritage for consideration.
If you have any questions please contact [email protected]