E-bike Loan Scheme for Staff
Dublin City Council has launched an e-bike loan scheme for staff members this week.
While electric bikes make cycling accessible to a broader group of people, they are expensive to buy, especially before you know how much you'll use it. The idea of this scheme is to let people take an e-bike home and try using it for various journeys for a month to see what it's like to own one.
Participants are encouraged to use the e-bike as much as possible during that month for commuting to work, going to the shops, visiting friends, leisure cycling etc.
Benefits of Electric Bikes and Cycling:
- E-bikes makes cycling accessible to more people
- E-bikes increase the distance we can cycle and make longer journeys possible by bike
- E-bikes make cycling up hills a lot easier
- Cycling benefits our physical and mental health
- Cycling is a climate-friendly mode of transport and a way to reduce our carbon emissions